Friday 8 June 2012

Natalia: The Black Widow

Somehow, I stumbled upon the Black Widow (probably due to the hype the Avengers have been getting on Tumblr xP) but after seeing her and reading a little bit about her I decided to create some fan art about her so I drew my own interpretation of this rather bad-ass assassin!  Here she is:







There were two women who were the influences behind the fan art piece: Audrey Hepburn & Lauren Bacall.  At the moment, these two breathtaking women are my main women, i.e. I fixate on them and their uncanny yet individual beauty (I used different aspects of their faces).  Also, only recently, I've become interested in Film Noir and Neo-Noir and the black & white head shots of the glamorous actresses taken during that era and so, they were a major influence behind the process.  I tried to achieve some of that glowing charm given off by the subjects of those particular photographs I mentioned before but I'm still quite new at colouring my art work in digitally so bear with me.

I used normal A4 paper, 2H/HB pencils for the line work then Paint SAI Tool was used to colour in the piece.

The Black Widow © Stan Lee & Marvel Comics.
Art piece © me, Ef Mourn.
***DO NOT USE ANY ART WORK WITHOUT MY PERMISSION***

No comments:

Post a Comment